The 2016 Honda Civic is all-new, both inside and out. Under the hood, you’ll find a pair of swift and incredibly fuel-efficient engines. The new exterior features a refreshed and athletic look, while the cabin design incorporates a stylish dashboard with a nicely integrated touchscreen interface with many advanced features. It’s also the most spacious interior in the compact sedan segment now, which means a tremendous amount of room for front and rear seat passengers alike.
You might get a lot more in the 2016 Honda Civic, but that doesn’t mean you’ll have to pay too much.
- LX: MSRP from $18,640
- EX: MSRP from $21,040
- EX-T: MSRP from $22,200
- EX-L: MSRP from $23,700
- Touring: MSRP from $26,500
Performance and Fuel Economy
No matter which engine you choose, you’ll get an impressive combination of performance and fuel economy with the 2016 Honda Civic. Introductory trims get a 2.0L four-cylinder engine that delivers a competitive 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque via a six-speed manual or continuously variable transmission. Fuel economy is outstanding, coming in at up to an EPA-estimated 41* mpg highway and 31* mpg city. The top three trims in the lineup are powered by a turbocharged 1.5L inline-four that makes a robust 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque while increasing fuel economy up to 42* mpg highway and 31* mpg city, according to EPA estimates.
Trims and Features
Currently available in only a sedan format, the 2016 Honda Civic will also be available as either a hatchback or a coupe. Each trim comes generously equipped for the price.
- LX: You won’t compromise by choosing the base trim of the 2016 Honda Civic. The LX comes with a rearview camera, Pandora Internet radio, Bluetooth, power windows and door locks, and automatic headlights.
- EX: The EX rolls on stylish 16-inch alloy wheels and features lots of advanced technologies like a 7-inch infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, as well as advanced navigation. You’ll also get a Honda LaneWatch blindspot camera and an upgraded rearview camera.
- EX-T: As the third trim in the lineup, the EX-T is the first to come with the turbocharged powertrain. It also gets satellite radio, heated front seats, dual-zone climate control, fog lights, and a remote start system.
- EX-L: The penultimate trim in the lineup gives you more luxury and style thanks to leather seats, steering wheel, and shift knob. It also includes a power driver’s seat.
- Touring: Rounding out the lineup, the Touring trim provides superior entertainment thanks to a premium 10-speaker stereo system. It also includes an advanced navigation system and the Honda Sensing package with a variety of driver assist features like lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and automatic braking.
The full redesign of the 2016 Honda Civic has prompted a lot of buzz, including some endorsements from top auto critics.
- Edmunds: “The reinvented 2016 Honda Civic returns to form with daring looks, turbocharged power and a spacious, technology-rich interior. It’s once again a must-drive compact sedan.”
- Kelley Blue Book: “Completely redesigned for 2016, the Honda Civicsedan has beautiful new exterior styling, two new engines that are both more powerful and more fuel-efficient, and is sportier than ever without sacrificing ride comfort.”
- The Car Connection: “The 2016 Honda Civic drops almost all the economy-car pretense; in Touring trim, it could easily wear a premium label.”
Discover the Fully Redesigned 2016 Honda Civic Today!
There are plenty of different reasons to consider the all-new 2016 Honda Civic for your next daily commuter of small family sedan. You don’t have to make your decision right away, though. Head to Mohawk Honda to take it for a spin and find out about our competitive financing options. You can always contact our sales team if you have any questions beforehand!